Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Broken Ankle Cast How Long Is The Norm To Wear A Cast After Broken Ankle Surgery?

How long is the norm to wear a cast after broken ankle surgery? - broken ankle cast

I Broke my ankle three weeks ago. I am very good (which is my own prediction). I have a cast and crutches, but I can not charge on my foot without pain. I am completely without pain. I had a plate and screws put more in. I went to the doctor a week later optical and X-ray showed that he was very good. My body has always healed very fast surgery, so I'm wondering if a walking cast or boot may be possible after only three weeks after the operation. I have an appointment with the doc in three days, but I would had liked by anyone with a similar situation and hear the speed of his recovery. I thank you all for coming.

1 comments:

pengfoot said...

It's really choose your doctor. On average, it is assumed that in a cast for 6 weeks. Why 6 weeks? This is when you start the bones soildify just so, weight on him. During 3 weeks, it looks good, do not put weight on it is too early, even with plates and screws. You'll be surprised how people can screws and plates, if you break too fast, too fast. I understand your desire to leave, but the truth is - sure is safe. After 6 weeks it may be placed on a home and rehabilitation for the ankle moving again PT.

Post a Comment